Get Started With Acupuncture & Natural Health Consulting- Nutrition, Herbal Medicine Therapy, & Meditation- Studio City, Toluca Lake, North Hollywood, Burbank, & NoHo Arts District, CA
I embrace the importance of patient-centered care to help empower people to become actively involved with their own health and wellbeing. My practice is primarily rooted in traditional naturopathy practices found in Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, and yoga that form the foundation of new and emerging fields of modern medicine called complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM), integrative medicine, and functional health. My approach to care emphasizes the important role of mental-emotional wellbeing in health and disease. I enjoy working with a wide range of mind-body concerns, with a focus on change and cultivating wellness.
Acid reflux (GERDS), heartburn, epigastric pain, gastric ulcer, gastritis, nausea, vomiting, Gallbladder disorder, Gallstones, Liver dysfunction, bloating, constipation, obesity, Crohn’s disease, colitis, gastroenteritis, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut syndrome, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), food allergy and poisoning, indigestion, and more.
I embrace an integrative and functional medicine approach to care, with a focus on balancing digestive function and alleviating mental-emotional stress, relieving physical pain and discomfort, and improving sleep through the use of acupuncture, plant-based nutrition, herbal medicine, meditation, and exercise.
As a new client, your treatment is broken into three parts:
Each part is described below in more detail.
Your First Visit includes:
- a thorough consultation so I can learn about your health history, symptoms, and personal health goals
- an examination of various body systems and functions
- your first acupuncture treatment, including any related treatment (ie PEMF, heat, cupping, reiki, massage, etc)
- a problem-focused consultation for dietary and lifestyle modification, including the use of supplements
- a recommendation for Case Review (if needed)
Follow-Up Visits are scheduled to meet your individualized health goals. In general, visits are spread across one or more weeks from the initial visit. These can include stand-alone acupuncture or health consulting visits, or hybrid visits that involve both.
For more information about what a typical first visit with me looks like and what to expect with ongoing treatment, please CLICK HERE.
The Case Review is recommended for people with complex health conditions that require a more broad and detailed analysis than what can be done during your initial or follow-up visits. In these instances, you will be recommended for a Case Review. The goal is to target the underlying root factors influencing your health and lay out a more detailed and personalized treatment plan.
The Case Review includes:
- in-depth research, analysis and review of your condition, including relevant lab testing
- comprehensive consultation for dietary and lifestyle modifcation, including the use of supplements
People who do best under my care:
- Don’t want to rely on unnecessary use of drugs or medical intervention (including chiropractic, acupuncture, etc)
- Are interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problems, instead of suppressing symptoms
- Are motivated to play an active role in their own healing process
- Are willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support health and well-being
Q: Does acupuncture hurt?
A: While each person experiences acupuncture differently, most people only feel a very small pinch at the site where the needles are inserted. Acupuncture needles are solid and hair-thin, and they are generally inserted shallowly and slowly into the superficial layers of the skin and muscles.
Q: What conditions can acupuncture help treat?
A: In 2003 the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) released a report (“Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials”) that details the use of acupuncture has been shown to effectively treat many types of conditions, including:
- Psychological Conditions
- Somatization disorder
- Neurological Conditions
- Headache and migraine
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Facial palsy (early stage, within three to six months)
- Paresis following stroke
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Meniere’s Disease
- Nocturnal enuresis
- Cervicobrachial syndrome
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Disc problems
- Musculo-skeletal Conditions
- Muscle pain, swelling, stiffness and weakness
- Localized traumatic injuries, sprains, strains, tendinitis, contractures
- Work and sports related injuries
- Low back and/or neck strain
- Tendinitis (ie "frozen shoulder", “tennis elbow”, etc)
- Respiratory System Conditions
- Acute sinusitis
- Acute rhinitis
- Common cold and allergies*
- Acute tonsillitis
- Acute bronchitis
- Bronchial asthma
- Conditions of the Eye, Ear, Nose & Mouth
- Acute conjunctivitis
- Central retinitis
- Myopia (in children)
- Cataracts (without complications)
- Toothaches, post extraction pain
- Acute and chronic pharyngitis
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Spasms of esophagus
- Irritable bowel and colitis
- Gastroptosis Acute and chronic gastritis
- Gastric hyperacidity (i.e. acid reflux)
- Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief)
- Acute duodenal ulcer (without complication)
- Acute and chronic colitis
- Acute bacillary dysentery
- Paralytic ileus
- Gynecological Conditions
- Menopause syndrome
- Benign irregular menstruation
- Benign amenorrhea
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Essential hypertension
- Other Conditions
- Withdrawal from street and pharmacological drugs
- Appetite suppression
Q: Can you help my specific condition?
A: If you're ready to become more responsible for your wellbeing and be directly involved in the process of transforming your own health, acupuncture and traditional naturopathy can help with a wide variety of poor health conditions and biomedically-defined diseases. However, the best way to find out if I can help with your specific condition is to schedule an Initial Visit by calling 818-768-2418 or send us a message.
Make Your Appointment Today!