|2 large organic butterrnut squash (approx. 2 lbs)|
|64 floz vegetable broth (2 cartons)|
|1 large onion (chopped)|
|2 tbs organic garlic (minced)|
|2 tbs organic ginger (minced)|
|13.5 floz organic coconut milk (1 can)|
|2 tbs organic butter|
|3-4 tbs of organic sage or basil leaves (garnish)|
Time: 6 hours (slow cooker)
- Clean the butternut squash then roast in oven at 450º for 20-30 minutes until brown around the edges.
- While butternut squash is cooling, chop onion and mince garlic and ginger.
- Once butternut squash has cooled down, peel and remove seeds and cut into cubes.
- Add butternut squash, onion, garlic ginger, and vegetable broth to slow cooker and turn on low.
- Cook for six hours (stir occasionally).
- After cooking is done, use blender/ food processor/ or hand blender to puree ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and butter and mix in.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with organic sage or basil leaves and serve hot.